Skip to content
3 months ago

195 words

22 total views, 1 views today

IT IS BEST NOT USE OR ALLOW THE USE OF ANY PETROCHEMICAL  PESTICIDES IN YOUR HOME.

Most commercially available pesticides contain petrochemicals and substances, which can be toxic to the brain and nervous system. Most pesticide spraying applications leave a toxic residue that remains for weeks or months, gradually giving off toxic chemicals into your home or work environment.  These toxic chemicals are usually at levels that most peoples bodies can neutralise and cope with. However if you are you young, aged or chronically ill, you are at higher risk of toxic injury from pesticide exposures.

An alternative approach to using chemical pesticides is Integrated Pest Management (IPM).

 

Most pests will go else where, instead of bothering you, if you do not provide food and shelter and make it difficult for them to enter your home.

 

This means removing clutter, damp, and food and wiping up food crumbs promptly.  It also means denying physical access by using physical barriers like fly screens and sealing cracks in walls, and around doors and windows.

For tips on safer pest control we recommend

> Beyond Pesticides

> EPA safer pest control https://www.epa.gov/pesticides

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *