37 total views, 1 views today
It will be difficult to regain your health if you do not repair and improve gut health.
Diet and supplements used in steps 1 to 3 can be helpful, however you may also need to improve your overall gut health through diet and nutritional therapies. Your health professional may recommend a
- gluten free/casein free diet
- low – no sugar and yeast diet for candida
- SIBO diet or low thiol / amylose diet for other gut infections and IBS
- SCD, Paleo, GAPS, Keto
- Other ie a diet high in resistant starch!
- A leaky gut protocol like the one recommended by Dr Jockers https://drjockers.com/leaky-gut-protocol/
For severe gut inflammation/IBD, medicines like Naltrexone (other) and following IBD recommendations like the following can help. *
*NOTE 2-7% of people with Inflammatory Bowel Disease have a problem with pharmacological food intolerance (psuedo allergy) – salicylates, amines, glutamate.