56 total views, 1 views today
Common underlying issues include
- Digestive problems and microbiome alterations
- Methylation Impairments
- low glutathione /Sulfation Impairment
- Cell danger response and mitochondrial dysfunction
- Immunoexcitotoxicity caused by excess glutamate
- Malnutrition – nutritional deficiencies – poor diet or medical disorders like Pyrrole, Celiac, IBD
- Weakened immune system – chronic low grade infections
- Sensitised immune system (MCAS) and /or Sensitised Nervous system – Functional Nerve Disorders/ Central Sensitivity Syndromes.
- High Oxidative stress
- Overactivation of the Survival Stress Response – Limbic/HPA Axis impairment
- When very severe this can be a sign of nerve injury and severe brain trauma – CPS, toxic brain injury or toxic encephalopathy
- Another way to look it at is that people with NID-EI have multisystem disturbance that feed into one another and make symptom Linger.